Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Stake Youth Handcard Trek





Nick and I just got back from our pioneer trek where we were called to be the ma and pa of 9 youth. I must have a fair amount of confidence or humility to download the group shot...not a good look for me. If you could imagine 200 and some odd people (mostly teenagers) exiting a greyhound bus at one of portland local food and gas marts dressed in the above attire, you would feel the complete humiliation I felt that day. It actually through me into hysterics. We started announcing that we didn't all have the same last name and no we didn't just leave WACO, TEXAS! The drive was roughly 8 hours. It was hilarious to see the look on faces as we got out each time. It was great fun!! The experience was difficult, hot, dusty, dirty, and extremely stinky, yet one of the most memorable events I've ever been a part of. We'd do it again in a heart beat.

4 comments:

holly said...

I bet Nick was hoping for a little switch-a-roo with the cowboy atop that horse. I told Connie that I did'nt know that Todd went on the trek until I opened up the picture and saw that it was just Nick dressed up in Todd's everyday attire. Holly

jodi said...

where exactly did this trek take place? It almost looks like you are in casper, wyoming by the martin handcart portion of the mormon pioneer trek. Is it somewhere in Oregon?

seamer said...

No, it was up by Umatilla, Washington. Sage brush as far as the eye could see

Kirsten said...

that was hilarious! my trek had some crazy moments, but none of them included a bus! glad to see my dress getting some good use, hope it worked!